A definite yes
The question here is whether technology helps the world, not whether the disadvantages of technology outweigh the advantages of it. So yes, technology certainly helps us and the world.
Technology is what made machines possible. It’s what made TV, the Internet, airplanes, and even this site possible. Technology has made our lives much more convenient (especially in terms of transportation), much safer (medical technology) and has allowed the wide spread of knowledge (through the Internet and mass media).
Technology saves lives. It’s not just medical technology, such as complex scanning machines that do it, but basic things such as heaters and mosquito repellents as well. Heaters save many people living in cold regions from freezing to death (literally) and mosquito repellent saves a lot of lives in regions such as Africa, where people are plagued by deadly, disease-carrying mosquitoes.
Technology is what allows faster and larger production of food, which is what combats the problem of starvation and drought.
All in all technology does have its benefits. It does help the world, though some may argue that the disadvantages outweigh the advantages.
Here are a few ways we can use technology positively:
● Online calendars help coordinate everyone’s schedules and can be accessed by a variety of devices. Google Calendar is a great one to try.
● Cell phones allow families to text updates on activities, practices, and even grocery lists. Do you remember how hard it was to organize schedules without cell phones?
● Teachers are able to use class websites to keep parents updated about school.
● Busy people are able to pay bills and bank online. You can conveniently pay the electric bill at 11:30 while watching tv.
● It is easy to check the weather and stay updated on severe or threatening situations. Keeping your family safe has never been easier
● Clean out the family entertainment center and go digital. Use movie or television services that don’t require bulky boxes, movie cases, or tons of cords.
● Forget making scrapbooks with paper and craft scissors. Use online photo sites to store, print, and create photo books.
I am very sure we all will be able to relate to the same. Just like us all there is Adrian Rubin who knows technology is capable of doing much more than what it can do today.
I hope you found this blog to be useful, do let me know if you did in the comments section below. Also, don’t forget to check out a blog by my friend MOMTASTIC WORLD. Keep following me on instagram for all other updates.