With our fast-paced lives, there is hardly any time for self-care. Pollution, stress and our super busy routines tend to damage not only our skin but our hair as well. Recently I have been experiencing the worst hair fall. Well, a few of my friends tell me to oil while others suggest going for a spa. Every person has an advice of their own. Listening to everybody I honestly regretted not following a constant hair care routine for myself. Well, I honestly got super confused listening to everybody. To condition or not to condition, to oil or not to oil, which shampoo to use followed by which conditioner. These and a zillion other questions used to pop up in my mind every now and then.
Apart from the things like a spa and oiling that can be taken to improve the texture of your hair it is very important to have a super nutritious diet. Your diet should contain food full of protein and iron. The hair cells are the fastest growing cells in the body but they are also the ones to be affected the first in case your body suffers a deficiency. Iron-rich food works the best. Like leafy green vegetables, cereals, and fish. Also, protein plays an equally important part because that’s where your hair gets strength from.
I have honestly tried so many things, few worked while the others didn’t. Here I am sharing with you all easy hair care tips
- As soon as you are out of the shower, don’t rush to comb your hair. Wet hair is more prone to breakage. Instead, let them air dry a little. Take a wide-toothed comb and brush them out as gently as possible.
- A regular trim is very important. Every 6 – 8 weeks or depending on the growth of your hair, they should be trimmed.
- One thing that definitely worked well for me was using shampoo and conditioner from the same brand. As awkward as it may sound but yes it worked. Using different brands of shampoo and conditioner each just worsened the hair fall.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Trying doing so every alternate day. The oil that our scalp releases should stay for a while before we wash it off.
- Always try and rinse your hair with cold water and not hot water. Hot water causes severe damage to the hair. However, during winters lukewarm water can be used but the last rinse should always be of cold water.
- Always make sure to condition your hair, often we forget to do so without realizing how important it is.
- Try reading the back label of your shampoo Sulphate free shampoo’s must be preferred over the normal ones. Sulphate does help in getting rid of dirt but also takes away the essential oils from your hair hence resulting in a hair fall.
- Using olive oil on the tips of your hair after shampoo helps fight frizz. Just put a few drops and rub them on the ends, you will have smooth tips as your hair dry.
These are a few super easy tips I follow regularly. After all, it is no more a distant dream to get gorgeous hair without burning a hole in your pocket. It might take a little while initially but following these steps will definitely help you achieve your dream hair.
Do let me know in the comments if you found this blog helpful and don’t forget to check my previous blog on skin care tips